It is no secret that trust is the cornerstone of healthy relationships and interactions. Whether it's in your personal life or professional endeavors, knowing if you can trust someone is crucial. In this blog post, I will explore the key indicators that can help you determine if someone is trustworthy.
Here are some questions to consider:
1. Are their words and actions consistent?
2. Is their communication open and honest?
3. Do they appear to be reliable and dependable?
4. Do they respect your boundaries and the boundaries of others?
5. Do they demonstrate empathy and compassion?
REGISTER FOR FREE
complimentary Healing Coaching Intensive: "Can You Trust After Trauma?"
6. Do they consider the impact of their actions?
7. Are they consistent over time?
8. Do they admit mistakes and take responsibility for their actions?
9. Are they loyal to their family and friends?
10. Have you considered checking out their reputation/character?
11. Are they an active listener?
12. Do they consider the greater good?
Determining if you can trust someone involves observing their consistency in words and actions, their commitment to open and honest communication, and their reliability. Trustworthy people also respect boundaries, display empathy and compassion, and take responsibility for their actions. Remember, trust is built over time and requires careful observation of a person's behavior and character. If you have been seriously hurt in the past, it may take even longer for someone to earn your trust. This is okay.
To learn more, attend my healing coaching intensive. Register below!
Please check out my other blog on this topic: Healing Your Heart After Trust Betrayal: Your Journey to Recovery